Monday, May 27, 2019

May 27 Rochester, VT to Ticonderoga, NY

Great weather after a perfect rest day. As I left Rochester I stopped by Green Mountain Bicycles and since the owner was out delivering bicycles, a friend of his who was visiting helped me out. I needed help with tightening up my front panniers and with my arthritic hands had not been able to do it. JT from Fishtown Bikes-n-Beans in Philadelphia helped me out. He was there with his girlfriend from Brooklyn who teaches at a Magnet school for underprivileged children.
Just so you know, I climbed another mountain, Breadloaf. It is amazing that adventure cycling has found so many tough climbs, beautiful but tough.
From Breadloaf I rode into Middlebury and eventually got to Lake Champlain where I rode the ferry across Lake Champlain to Ticonderoga, NY, leaving the Green Mountains and heading to the Adirondack Mountains.










4 comments:

Deb JS said...

Hi Amanda - I see you stopped by Texas Falls. Marielle & I hiked a loop trail there the day we met you. Good to hear you got to your destination. Happy cycling.

Deb from VT

Amanda said...

JT from the bicycle shop told me it was worth the detour from my path and he was right. My photo didn’t do it justice. Glad you got to hike there.

Deb JS said...

JT from Philly has good advice.

Hector Castro said...

looking good!! we miss you!!!